Russia Doesn't Solve Conflicts, It Silences Them
ArgumentRussia Doesnât Solve Conflicts, It Silences Them
The Kremlinâs involvement in the Middle East has raised Moscowâs profile while letting underlying tensions fester.By Ibrahim Fraihat, Leonid Issaev |
Ibrahim Fraihat is an associate professor in international conflict resolution at the Doha Institute for Graduate Studies. He is the author of Unfinished Revolutions: Yemen, Libya, and Tunisia after the Arab Spring. Follow him on Twitter: @i_fraihat.
Leonid Issaev is a senior lecturer at the Higher School of Economics in Moscow.
Trending Now Sponsored Links by TaboolaBy Taboola
More from Foreign PolicyBy Taboola
- 1 Tru mp Pardons Another Celebrity Criminal
- 2 Justin Trudeau Is Running a Milk Racket
- 3 Trump's Creative Destruction of the International Order
- 4 By Bungling G-7, Trump Sabotaged Singapore
- 5 Jordanâs Protests Are a Ritual, Not a Revolution
- 6 U.S.-Backed Catastrophe Brewing in Yemen
- 7 At U.N., Russia and U.S. Wage Quiet War Over Appointments to Advance Broader Agendas
- 8 Russia Doesnât Solve Conflicts, It Silences Them
- 9 This American Visited North Koreaâs Most Sensitive Nuke Sites. What He Saw Blew His Mind.
- 10 Decades of U.S. Diplomacy With North Korea: a Timeline